Saturday, June 27, 2020

The footsteps in the apartment

This is a true story of a successful software professional in the Bay Area.

"We had just bought a new flat in Chennai. In the night when I was sleeping, I heard footsteps. For a moment, I thought that the footsteps were from my upstairs neighbor. But it came very close to me. It passed me. And kept going back & forth.

I wasn't scared. I was merely curious.

In the morning, I spoke to my sister about it. She said that she heard it too, but was worried about what people would think of her if she revealed it.

This kept happening & we kept hearing footsteps in the night.

Suddenly, my mother started having epileptic fits once in a while. She had been fine her entire life until now. We took her to multiple doctors for treatment but to no avail.

Later, we heard from our neighbors that a couple had committed suicide in the flat.

We later moved away to a different flat. We never heard the footsteps again. And my mother never had epilepsy again."

What can we learn from this story? When the body died, what remained clearly had the power to cause material sounds (footsteps in this case). Was the epilepsy a failed attempt to gain a material body? Clearly, suicide by killing one's material body solves nothing.

No comments: